Revision as of 17:33, 20 May 2017 by ReaperHR
- Holdenpaedia Main Index
- Work Guides
- How to Open a Shed
- How to add a link to your shed in your forum signature (new wiki)
- How to add a link to your shed in your forum signature
- How to add an E-mail link in your forum signature
- FAQ About Old Holdens
- Search Tips
- Links Page
- Holden Model Listings
- Upload Pictures and Audio
- Holdenpaedia Pages Without Categories
- Image Gallerys
- Return to the Old Holden Forum
- All Categories List
- Recent Posts
- Recent For Sale Posts
Posting Guidelines and How to Create a New Holdenpaedia Page:
There are lots of buttons here, this is just to get everyone started. To start with, this system is to replace the old BOOK link that was at the top of oldholden.com .
Just a few guidelines in regards to posting information on the wiki.
1. Copying and pasting info from oldholden is fine, please just edit it and make it look nice so no one else has to tidy it up later.
2. If adding to someones article/story/workguide etc please blend your info in to what is already there, We are trying to create an encyclopedia not a chat forum.
3. And finally if you can think of anything else of relevance as far as posting goes.....PLEASE POST IT HERE!!!!
Here are 5, thats 5, links to documents already in the system to give you an idea of what this is. They go to other pages in the system. Have a look around.
Holden Model Listings
Please Read This!!!
FAQ about oldholdens
Everything is editable - even this page, so if you see something that is wrong or needs additions click on the EDIT button at the top of the page you are viewing and edit it. DO IT, WE ALL NEED YOU. mmm, good edit... edit goood.
You can monitor the changes(diff) and additions(N) to any document with the RECENT CHANGES link on the menu at the left or click here.
How to Create a New Holdenpaedia Document:
To add a new document to the system which is useful and mostly complete just place the URL below in your browser and add the document title to the end of the URL. No spaces or punctuation use the _ instead. For example, if you were to do a document on the M20 gearbox you would use the URL http://holdenpaedia.oldholden.com/ with the addition to the end of M20_Gearbox. eg: this is what would go into the browser address bar. http://holdenpaedia.oldholden.com/M20_Gearbox once there click edit at the top of the page to input. When adding documents or editing them use the "Show Preview" before "save page" to see what you are about to save and recheck your work.
As you can see from the RECENT CHANGES if you login your name will be credited for the work and your IP will not be shown. You will have to become a user here too as the system is not linked to the oldholden.com membership system. Only input work that is yours or that you have permission to do so.
Pictures can be uploaded as well as filessounds etc, after you have logged in. Mp3's have to be uploaded to a shed and then linked to.
We are after relevant information and we will help with the formatting computer code that makes the documents prettier as it is the value of the information that is sought.
If you would like to send information to us instead of posting here just email it to qute, MrHQGts, ReaperHR or myself.
Thankyou, and hurry up.
* Qute - firstname.lastname@example.org
* MrHQGts - email@example.com
* Rusty (admin) - firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com